- A 16oz bottle - preferably with a long neck, like a plastic coke bottle
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Food coloring
- Liquid dish detergent
- Warm water
- Foil cake pan (optional)
- Put the empty 16oz bottle into the center of a foil cake pan (to reduce clean up)
- Measure out ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Using funnel pour the hydrogen peroxide into the bottle
- Squirt out 3-4 drops of food coloring into bottle
- Squirt a little bit of dish detergent into the bottle - roughly 1-2 teaspoons
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of warm water
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of yeast
- Quickly pour the solution into bottle
- You can play with the foam
How Does it Work?
- The yeast solution acts as a catalyst (a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction ) making the hydrogen peroxide release oxygen atoms very quickly.
- The reaction is also an exothermic reaction (chemical reaction that releases energy by light or heat), which is why the bottle feels warm to the touch.